Why become a member of the Nevada Press Association?
- Training. In partnership with Online Media Campus, we offer webinars each month on sales, reporting, management and other topics.
- Newsletter. The best way to keep up with training sessions and other important news from NPA is through our web site and our electronic newsletter. Are you subscribed?
- Advertising networks. Publications can earn revenue by selling into the networks. We’ll be glad to explain how.
- Reporters Legal Handbook. Among the resources here is a handy guide to common questions about access, records and more.
- Job Bank. Looking to hire? Looking to be hired? Check our listings.
- Better Newspaper Contest. As always, Nevada’s premier journalism awards program.
There is plenty of other reasons, too. Our members are newspapers, magazines, online news sites, individuals, organizations — anyone who sees the value of a free press and the importance of the First Amendment.
Associate membership, however, is open to publications, businesses, individuals, online news sites — in short, just about anyone who shares the interests of the NPA in promoting quality journalism.
Associate members have one representative on the board of directors but do not have a vote at the NPA’s annual general membership meeting, which occurs in September during the convention. Otherwise, associate members have access to all other benefits of the association, including the ability to enter the Better Newspaper Contest and participate in advertising networks.
For most publications, annual dues are determined by frequency of publication (daily or weekly) and circulation. Other categories are available for individuals, university departments and the like. For more information about the dues schedule, contact us.
Applying is easy. If you’re interested, send us an email and we’ll send a simple application form.